TEMPORARY SOLUTIONS WITH LASTING IMPACT
Your business is exactly that… your business. You know it best – the ups and downs of workflow, and the peaks and valleys of demands on your staff. At times, you may need short-term support to keep your business moving forward, and that’s where we come in. At TempsAhead, we know how to bridge a gap with a temporary solution that can have a lasting, positive impact on your team and your bottom line.
Benefits of Contract Employment:
- Cost effective approach to staff up only when business requirements are high
- Highly qualified, experienced professionals hit the ground running for instant results
- Temps transfer in-depth knowledge from situation to situation and industry to industry
- You reach maximum levels of productivity with minimal training time
- Temps offer a wealth of experience and a new perspective to your corporate structure
- You have an opportunity to assess the need for permanent head count approval for a specific position while at the same time evaluating the contract employee for potential permanent employment.
Situations where contract employees are needed:
- Sick Leave
- Maternity Leave
- Implementation of a new system or program
- Seasonal projects
- Year End
- Acquisition / Merger
- Departure of key employee
- Downsizing transitioning
- Hiring Freeze
- Special Events
- Fill in during a permanent search or to try a new employee first
- Relocation of Operations
Why outsource temporary hiring?
- Lower costs to staff up only when business warrants it
- Single accountability for results
- Costs convert from fixed assets to variable
- Reduce training requirements for specialties
- Free management to focus on core business activities
- Resolve staff shortages
- Resolve pay inequities
- Reduce headcounts
- Reduce payroll taxes
- Greater flexibility in rapidly increasing or decreasing scale where needed
Things to consider when hiring contract staff:
- Plan for it and call us as soon as possible, especially for holiday relief. We both benefit by planning ahead. However, this doesn’t overlook those emergency situations when you need someone A.S.A.P. We will fill those needs as well.
- If training is advisable, be sure to allow a sufficient overlap.
- Welcome your contract staff and introduce them to their co-workers.
- Inform them of company policies, lunch hours, facilities, etc.
- Explain job duties and procedures completely.
- Check their work periodically and let them know assistance is available.
- Record performance evaluations accurately — they will be mutually beneficial
- Know that we do keep in contact with you and the contractor to assure everything goes smoothly and as planned